Ncurses interface30 Jan 2016
HomeIO was created as a server-like application which everything important is rendered as log-like response.
Wind turbine instance is very dynamic. There was too much of information rendered too fast. It was nearly not readable at all. I need to change it.
I wanted to try ncurses as one of the most popular tool to create console interface. It was quite some work which allowed me to perform a lot of other changes and fixes.
Now, you can see current measurements without using frontend.
Interface consist of various tabs which I will describe below.
- Home - status of all modules, boot and shutdown
- Log - last log messages, scrollable
- Meas - current measurements
- Action - list of actions
- Overseer - list of overseer: current state, measurement and executable action
- Addons - every addon has its own page
- Stats - at this moment only resource usage stats
I want to add theese features soon:
- Better addons interface: wind turbine with more meaningful data, …
- Some actions can executable from interface. It will be probably accessible by addon page.
- More stats